Juice is very good for the body in general and taking this tasty liquid can have several advantages. And it is also common knowledge how bad acid and sugar is for the teeth and gums. One of the adverse effects that juicing might have is that it can cause teeth cavities and make the upper part of the teeth yellow. This is because there are specific sugar and acid compound in this juice that has very devastating effects on your teeth.
But there are ways to avoid all these effects, and that is why we have drawn up a list of juicing recipes that are not only beneficial to the body but will also make sure that you easily avoid tooth damage. These recipes have also been confirmed to strengthen your teeth and make sure that there is no short or long-term effect on them. Most of them also have various vitamin and minerals that help provide stronger teeth, healthier gums and reduce the risk of mouth odour. However we need the best juice machine for making all those juice recipe below.
So here are five of the juicing recipe that you can take and still keep your teeth strong and healthy.
Sweet cucumber juice
There is no doubt that one of the best vegetables that you can juice for the benefit of your oral health is a cucumber. There are soft dietary fibers in it that makes it beneficial both for the teeth and gums. If you also want to clean your teeth and you can’t find anything nearby, just take a slice of cucumber and press it to your gum. This will help to eliminate bad breath.
How to make a sweet cucumber recipe
- One medium cucumber
- Two cups of water (500ml)
- Two tbsp. of sugar (28.3g)
- Two tbsp. of honey (30 ml)
- Salt, to taste
- Peel the cucumber and slice off the end, using a sharp knife.
- Chop it into large chunks.
- Place the chunks in a food processor or blender.
- Blend using medium or high speed for approximately 2 minutes.
- Using a mesh strainer with a cheesecloth placed inside, pour the blended cucumber through the filter.
- Pour the juice into a cup and serve chilled.
Spinach kale and apple juicing
Any juice that is made with the combination of this three ingredients will not only be beneficial for your teeth, but will keep you healthy in general. These three ingredients contain vitamins (C, A, E, K), zinc, calcium, potassium and a lot of other minerals that would go a long way in making sure that you don’t have any gum disease or tooth loss.
- Spinach, 340g
- Kale, 200g
- Apple (golden), 169
- Make sure that the ingredients are clean.
- You can cut the apple into chunks.
- Put in a juicer.
- Serve the juice, chilled.
Apple and cucumber juice
You already know that apple and cucumber are perfect for the health of your teeth. While apple contains about 15% of the daily vitamin C intake which helps keep your gum healthy, cucumber can easily help you to combat mouth odour.
How to make it
- One cucumber, 300 g
- One apple, 167g
- A lemon wedge, 7g
- 1 cup mint, 25g
- Using a juicer, first put in the apple, then the cucumber, lemon and mint.
- Drink it plain or pour over ice.
Strawberry juice recipe
Strawberries are very rich in manganese and potassium, which are nutrients that help keep your teeth healthy. They strengthen your gum and prevent oral problems like bleeding gums and oral cancer. If you take strawberry rightly, it can be used to whiten the teeth.
How to make it
- Strawberries, 2 cups
- ¼ Lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup of Coldwater or 2 ice cubes
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems.
- Cut them into small pieces and add the lime juice.
- Put into a juicer and serve chilled or pour over ice cubes.
Orange and apple juice
Although acidic fruits are not healthy for your gum, one exception is oranges. This fabulous fruit contains very little acid, especially when fully ripe. This citrus fruit helps to make sure that your gums are healthy and the connective tissue that holds your teeth to your jaws remains strong. When orange is combined with apple to make a tasty juice, then you are combining two fruits that have a lot of oral benefits together.
How to make it
- 1 Apple
- 2 Oranges
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Half to quarter cup of water
- Cut the apple into large chunks and take out the core. Peel the skin off the oranges and juice both of them in a juicer.
- Add water to the juice and serve chilled.
In conclusion, not all juices are very healthy for your teeth, and that is why you have to be careful when you plan to drink fruit or vegetable juice every day. However, fruit and vegetable that contains calcium, manganese, vitamin k and other orally beneficial nutrients are perfect for your teeth. We have also put together five recipes that have all these nutrients in abundance, and if you drink them, you can be sure that there will be an improvement in your oral health while not also missing out on the benefits they provide for your body.
I am Abdullah Al Mamun, Marketing Director of Juicer Moz. I am a kind of Juice and nutrition guy. I also love to read and write about healthy food. Fishing is one of my favorite thing.