Having a good set of teeth not only enables you to savour all the tasty treats available in the market but also boosts your self-confidence in a way you might have never felt. Even after that laborious and expensive dental care, you might face problems concerning your teeth very often.
One of the unique solutions to all your teeth related issues, the world has to offer is cosmetic dentures. Dentures are a removable set of teeth designed using prosthetic materials which are customized according to the patient’s mouth structure to make it look as real as possible.
Types of Cosmetic Dentures:
1. Full Dentures: When the whole set of teeth needs to be replaced in the patient’s mouth, full dentures are used. They consist of two sets of teeth – upper and lower.
2. Partial Dentures: When only one or a few more teeth need to be replaced, partial dentures are used. It consists of a plastic gum with a metal framework which is fixed in the mouth to prevent any kind of shifting.
Some of the few benefits of having cosmetic dentures are listed below:
1. A greater variety of food palette: Dental issues might curb you from eating your favourite kind of solid food. With cosmetic dentures, you no longer need to worry about those dental issues which prohibited you from eating good solid food before. These dentures act like your new set of teeth and do not let you compromise on the quality of your life. Bite strength remains the same and does not erode over time easily. This gives you enough time to enjoy a broader range of solids which you might have been missing out on.
2. The sense of confidence: It is all about the look good and feels good mantra. A good set of teeth makes you attractive and you no longer shy away from talking or trying to hide from embarrassment. This not only makes you feel good about yourself but also boosts your self-confidence.
3. Longevity: Studies have proven that the success rates of cosmetic dentures are approximately 95%. With proper care and routine check-ups, these prosthetics can last for 10 years or so before you need a replacement. With such high rates of success and long-term benefits of these dentures, they prove to be an asset for someone suffering from dental issues.
4. Cost effective: Cosmetic Dentures may seem to be a little expensive in the beginning but once you compare it with other viable treatments available in the market, you realize that it’s the bare minimum to get you all covered. The probability of having those expensive dental surgeries which you might have needed is reduced and thus allows you to save tons of money in the long run.
Few of the disadvantages are mentioned below:
1. Adaptability: Cosmetic dentures are bigger if compared to the natural teeth. They need to be fixed properly to allow easy movement. But these are not easy to adapt to. Dentures are uncomfortable at the beginning.
2. Regular maintenance: Dentures need to be cleaned regularly. In the absence of proper maintenance, they produce germs and causes infections and gum issues. Along with these infections, denture breath is one of the most disturbing take-ups away of this instrument.
Just like every coin has two sides, cosmetic dentures to comes with its own set of pros and cons. They not only fulfil your dream of having a beautiful set of teeth but also comes with its own costs. The boons outweigh the curse for some and the other way around for the rest. Today, cosmetic dentures are indeed one of the most feasible solutions present in the world of dental issues.